Saturday, June 12, 2004

NEW LINKS ADDED

Welcome to Historica Botanica. This is the place to visit and and read about the history of natural history with a special focus on botany. My inspiration comes from the work of some of the great American historians of botany including Andrew Denny Rodgers III, Joseph and Nesta Ewan, Emanuel D. Rudolph and A. Hunter Dupree. I hope to include new information here based upon primary source material which is not otherwise available on the web or in print.

As a start, I have added a number of links for valuable reference webpages including a series of chapters about the Torrey Botanical Society.

I have also provided a link and this unsolicited testimonial to Fred Jordan, Bookbinder/Conservator who for upwards of 5 years has provided me with expert archival restoration/repair/conservation of historic papers, fine bindings, and books.

No comments: